YogaQuote App - Quote of the day

"Comfort is no test of truth.  Truth is often far from being comfortable."




I have to agree, especially when the truth is something I'm realizing about myself.  I've found there are some very tough topics that I had to address in order truly love myself.  I've experienced various types of abuse since the age of six.  I spent many years with my life running in crisis mode, because I knew nothing else.

I can say I've been through Doctors, Psychiatrists, self-help...you name it.  Once I knew the truth, which is that I'm not alone, only God can fix it and that I need to forgive them and myself, I was part relieved and part "How do I do that?"

This blog is about how I did that...to forgive a predator, and to forgive myself.  These are two of the most freeing and vital experiences anyone can ever have.  This is an on going journey. The negative self talk is so ingrained and habitual that it takes regular practice to turn those thoughts around to kind, loving and compassionate thoughts.

I will say I'm not sure I'll ever be perfect at it, but I'm far better today than I was a year ago or even six months ago. I've found that being creative makes my soul lighter.  I am happy and less stressed.  The pictures in this post are things I created on my journey over the past year.

What do you do to make your soul lighter?  What is it that makes you happy?









No comments:

Post a Comment