Quote of the Day: Courage

Brene' Brown defines courage as "To speak one's mind by telling all one's heart.  Speaking honestly and openly about who we are, what we are feeling, and about our experiences good and bad."

I believe that anyone who writes a blog has tremendous courage. We are revealing ourselves and our creativity to the world.  I believe that we help people with these blogs, no matter what the topic or style.

Thank you to all the brave men and women that put themselves out there and started this form of expression.  I love the photo's, stories, vloggs.  I was told in college by a creative writing instructor that I should not write! I am bad at it and I should focus on something else.  I was crushed.  I had been writing poetry at the time.  I enjoyed it, but once she told me that I stopped and all the poems were thrown away.  Today I wish I had those poems.

I really enjoy anything creative, even if I am not great at it.  It is more important how it makes me feel.

I have a coffee mug that says on it "Courage doesn't always rawr, sometimes it's that small voice that says I will try again tomorrow."

How do you define courage?


No comments:

Post a Comment