8 workouts in 8 weeks


There's nothing like a family emergency to get a girl motivated.  My 53 year brother had a heart attack last night.  I have been told by my doctor more than once that regular exercise is a must with our family history of heart attacks, strokes, gastrointestinal issues and ulcers.

I lost 15 pounds last year and have kept it off, but exercise had nothing to do with it.  I am one who tends to be all in or all out.  I am going to try to do this in a reasonable way.  I must say that my brother's heart attack is a shot across the bow.

The following are only a few of the workout videos I have in my library.  I do not plan on doing these all the way through and perfectly, but I do plan on trying each of these over the next 8 weeks.  I am going to alternate a workout with walking 3 to 5 days each week.

My blog is going to be my way of being accountable.

1. First we have American Power Yoga which the beginner workout basically kicked my butt.  I am just going to start with 20 minutes of the 90 minute workout.


2. Next  up is scary woman.  I will do 20 minutes of her work out to start.


3.  This will be my before bed stretching.  This I CAN do.  It is a good wind-down before bed.


4.  Turbo Jam by Beach Body is a blast and WILL kick your butt, but is not as painful as the first two.  It might not seem as bad because they make it fun.


5.  Ball workout.  I have two balls that serve as extra seating...lol.  I am going to mix in some strength workouts to the others.


6.  Next is the Bender Ball for my lower back.


7.  Sculpting bar on the days I walk to mix in strength.


8. P90X...completely insane purchase, but I can do what I can of the various workouts, starting with yoga.



I won't be doing all of these each week, but alternating workouts on each of these each week.

Wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment