There's nothing like a family emergency to get a girl motivated. My 53 year brother had a heart attack last night. I have been told by my doctor more than once that regular exercise is a must with our family history of heart attacks, strokes, gastrointestinal issues and ulcers.
I lost 15 pounds last year and have kept it off, but exercise had nothing to do with it. I am one who tends to be all in or all out. I am going to try to do this in a reasonable way. I must say that my brother's heart attack is a shot across the bow.
The following are only a few of the workout videos I have in my library. I do not plan on doing these all the way through and perfectly, but I do plan on trying each of these over the next 8 weeks. I am going to alternate a workout with walking 3 to 5 days each week.
My blog is going to be my way of being accountable.
1. First we have American Power Yoga which the beginner workout basically kicked my butt. I am just going to start with 20 minutes of the 90 minute workout.
2. Next up is scary woman. I will do 20 minutes of her work out to start.
3. This will be my before bed stretching. This I CAN do. It is a good wind-down before bed.
4. Turbo Jam by Beach Body is a blast and WILL kick your butt, but is not as painful as the first two. It might not seem as bad because they make it fun.
5. Ball workout. I have two balls that serve as extra seating...lol. I am going to mix in some strength workouts to the others.
6. Next is the Bender Ball for my lower back.
7. Sculpting bar on the days I walk to mix in strength.
8. P90X...completely insane purchase, but I can do what I can of the various workouts, starting with yoga.
I won't be doing all of these each week, but alternating workouts on each of these each week.
Wish me luck!!!